From financing a $25,000,000 bond placement for a USDA supported, first commercial bio-succinic acid plant in Louisiana, to a $107,000,000 gold development project located in Nevada using an innovative non-recourse gold loan structure, to project finance advisory assignments for US Gulf Coast LNG export facilities, and finally to a project finance advisory assignment for a first commercial, woody-biomass to renewable diesel facility, Managing Directors of HamiltonClark have been involved in a diverse range of project finance assignments and project loans for their clients, including the following companies:
- Bunge Ltd.
- Myriant Corporation
- Zilkha Biomass Fuels LLC
- Commonwealth LNG, LLC
- Louisiana LNG, LLC
- Energy Security Partners, LLC
- First Mississippi Corporation
- Exxon Corporation
- Atlantic Richfield Company
- Unocal Corporation
Our Managing Directors have been engaged in over 30 Project Finance assignments, and bring a unique skill-set to this specialty.
Key Managing Director contributions include:
- John May – John practically invented the mechanism to use third-party insurance for risk mitigation in biofuels and bioproducts project financing. While at Stern Brothers he managed transactions for 10 sustainability projects, and while at HamiltonClark he was the first banker ever to receive an award from the Commercial Aviation Alternative Fuels Institute (CAAFI) for financial innovation in the biojet industry.
- Jeff Pendergraft – Prior to investment banking Jeff was EVP at Lyondell Chemical Company, (previously NYSE: LYO) and Chairman of Lyondell-Citgo Refining (a joint venture with Citgo Petroleum (PDVSA). Jeff has advised on a number of large LNG and natural gas projects and is a Houston-based expert on financing complex oil and gas projects.
- Bob Stibolt – Prior to joining HamiltonClark, Bob held senior positions at Galway Capital (LNG financing), JPMorgan Commodities, Suez Energy, Sonat, ARCO and Natomas, and brings trading desk hedging (feedstock) and counterparty (off-take) experience to our project finance team.
- John McKenna – John was a key member of the Citibank energy project finance team where he helped develop the sovereign risk project loan structure, and over his career has participated in over 15 project finance engagements in a variety of industries. He also served as an Adjunct Professor of Project Finance at the McDonough Graduate School of Business at Georgetown University.
To review a complete listing of over 30 Project Finance assignments undertaken by our Managing Directors while at HamiltonClark and at other firms, please sort through Project Finance Transactions.