Managing Director – Advisory
Ron has been an investment banker to the energy industry as well as an energy transition C-Suite executive with Syntroleum Corporation, formerly a NASDAQ listed company. While at Syntroleum, Ron raised $350 million in capital and sold Syntroleum to Renewable Energy Group, which was subsequently sold to Chevron. He also initiated the biofuels strategy that led to Syntroleum building a $150 million renewable diesel project in 2010, the first advanced biofuels plant in United States. As an investment banker, Ron closed $10 billion in transactions, including $5.5 billion in mergers & acquisitions, $1.5 billion in public equity offerings, of which $1.2 billion were IPO’s and $360 million in private placements of equity.
Prior to joining HamiltonClark he was:
- Founder and CEO of Mariner Midstream, a project development company (Houston)
- Director, Corporate Development at Targa Resources Corp. (NYSE: TRGP) (Houston)
- Senior Vice President, Finance at Syntroleum Corporation (Tulsa and Houston)
- Director, Energy Investment Banking at ABN AMRO (Houston)
- Vice President, Energy Investment Banking at Prudential Securities (New York and Houston)
- Associate, Private Equity at Trivest, Inc., (Miami)
- Financial Analyst, Natural Resources Group, Investment Banking, Kidder, Peabody & Co. (New York)
- Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA), Texas Chapter, 2016 to present. PCA seeks to positively change the culture of youth athletics.
- Rice Baseball Insider (RBl), 2014 – 2016, the fundraising entity supporting Rice University baseball.
Education, Securities Licenses
- Bachelor of Arts, Economics and Managerial Studies, Rice University
- Master of Business Administration, Harvard University
- Previously licensed Series 7 and 63. Plans to re-obtain required securities licenses.