Robert H. Edwards Jr.
Rob has spent 25 years in a series of roles in banking, project development and finance, government service and law focused on companies and projects in the climatetech, renewable energy, electric vehicles and related sectors.
Prior to joining HamiltonClark he was:
- Director, Outreach and Business Development, U.S. Department of Energy Loan Programs Office, where he led 20 professionals across climate tech, EV, EV supply chain, energy storage, offshore wind, virtual power plants and hydrogen sectors responsible for advising applicants interested in securing DOE LPO loans., Washington, DC
- Senior Vice President, Chief Legal Officer, Empower Energies, Bethesda, MD
- Managing Director, Policy, Business Development and General Counsel S-3 Energy developer of energy+storage projects, Atlanta, GA
- Partner and Co-Head Energy, Project Finance and Clean Technologies Practice, Kilpatrick Townsend where he co-led the firm wide energy transition practice, Washington, DC
- Executive Director, JP Morgan Global Commodities Group where he served as a key member of the Project Finance and Structured Finance desk.
- Deputy General Counsel for Energy Policy, U.S. Department of Energy where he led a staff of 47 lawyers covering a wide range of legal and energy policy issues for the Office of Electricity, the Office of Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency and the Office of Fossil Energy. Lead DOE official who negotiated and closed the Tesla $465 million and Ford $5.9 billion ATVM loans.
- Partner, Hunton & Williams, Energy and Project Development and Finance Team where he spent 13 years advising energy companies on project finance, M&A transactions in the United States and globally.
Corporate Boards, Non-Profits, Professional Associations, and Awards
- Key Advisor, H/L Ventures, New York, NY
- NREL Energy Executive Selection 2015 – National Renewable Energy Lab honor issued by the U.S. Department of Energy
- DC Super Lawyer, Energy and Environment, 2016-2018
- Co-Chair, D.C. Schools and Scholarships Committee, Harvard Alumni Association
- Member, Board of Trustees, Landon School, Bethesda MD
Education, Securities Licenses
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics, Magna Cum Laude, Harvard University
- Master of Business Administration, Stanford Graduate School of Business
- Juris Doctor, Stanford Law School
- Certificate, Fundamentals of ESG Investing – Columbia Business School Executive Education
- Certificate, Making Corporate Boards More Effective – Harvard Business School Executive Education
- Series 79 securities license