We have the experience to manage institutional private placement financing in the range of $5,000,000 to $100,000,000 for our clients, including offerings of:
- Convertible preferred stock (typically used in private equity and venture capital financing)
- Convertible debt
- Subordinated debt
- Senior debt
- Bank financing
- Venture debt financing
- Common equity (typically used in initial public offerings (IPO) and follow-on financing)
We know how to perform due diligence, process and close institutional financings. Our Managing Directors have acted as advisors or placement agents in over 140 institutional financings in a variety of industries and with a variety of financial and strategic investors. We undertake our assignments using a structured time and responsibility schedule that generally allows us to meet the strict requirements of due diligence, draft the Executive Summary, Financing Memorandum, Management Presentation, and Investor List, coordinate with Company counsel and the Board, and be in the market quickly.
Because financing has been a core activity of HamiltonClark for the past 30 years, we know the investors, and we know the key issues of valuation, anti-dilution, liquidation preference, and Board representation.
Recent financings completed by HamiltonClark include:
- Sunverge Energy, Inc., San Francisco, CA – $11,000,000 Series 2 private financing with financial investors, for this cloud-based virtual power plant software and solar batteries company that lets utilities aggregate and control distributed renewable energy on the utility grid.
- Canergy, Inc., Omaha, NB – $5,000,000 Series A financing with a strategic investor, for this developer of cellulosic ethanol projects in the Imperial Valley, CA.
- Terrabon, Inc., Houston, TX – $14,000,000 Series A financing with two leading strategic investors, for acid-fermentation to biofuels and biochemicals company whose technology was spun-out of the Chemistry Department of Texas A&M University.
To review a complete listing of over 140 private placement and public offerings undertaken by our Managing Directors while at HamiltonClark and at other firms, please sort through Financing Transactions.